March is one of those funny months where your mind is telling you that it’s time to pack away your sweaters and Mother Nature is saying “pack away your sweaters?! Oh hunny, check the forecast again.” I have had such a Spring itch since about mid-February so a snowy day in late March is just plain mean! So mean that I decided what the heck, if the weather isn’t going to give me Spring Vibes, I’m going to make a cocktail that does! Insert: The L Train.
This recipe is pulled from the W&P Mason Shaker Cocktail book, Shake. (It’s my go-to cocktail recipe book if you’re in the market.) It’s light, floral, and definitely a refreshing little reminder to stay patient, Spring is just around the corner!
The L Train | Makes two drinks
- 2 shots gin
- 1 shot St-Germain
- 1/2 shot fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs lavender (plus 2 to garnish)
- Seltzer, plain
- Add the gin, St-Germain, lemon juice and lavender to a shaker.
- Add ice to just above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into chilled coupe glasses and top with seltzer. Garnish with remaining lavender sprigs.
Shop The Post: